Responsible for overseeing of all activities within the construction department, which includes, care and control of construction budget, project schedule, quality of craftsmanship and overall customer satisfaction, in accordance to Dunsire Developments goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the Construction Department’s estimating, contracting, purchasing and field operations.
- Oversee cost reduction program through competitive bidding, contract negotiation, improved quality take-offs, improved field control, and value engineering.
- Creating project schedules for each phase of the construction process and regularly monitor and revise dates, as necessary, to maintain critical path.
- Preparation of subcontracting staff and monitoring and enforcing work in compliance with building regulations, OBC, Workplace Health & Safety and our company’s policies.
- Oversee all production of homes through management of schedules, inspections, and developing resolutions with regards to customer service and production issues.
- Supervise the progression of all construction activity, which includes, ensuring all subcontractors affairs, arrival and proper use of materials, supplies and tools/equipment.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a specialized training
- Minimum 10 years low & mid-rise residential construction management experience in the new home industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Ontario Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and other health & safety regulations.
- Experience managing mid-rise, low-rise residential and underground parking
- Experience and thorough knowledge navigating through Buildtopia (Builder Software) and Microsoft Office.
- Strong ability to work in a fast paced environment, quickly prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service skills, ensuring homeowners are kept apprised of all updates and current project status.
- Ability to read and analyze architectural drawings (structural, mechanical, and electrical).
- Effective problem solving skills and resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in various environmental conditions which can pose health and safety risks.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance, and able to provide a copy of driver’s abstract (must be in good standing).
- Willingness to drive to various construction sites throughout Southern Ontario.
- Obtains necessary permits and licenses as required.
- Provide support and direction to construction staff, which includes subcontractor relations, design specification, safety issues, quality of work concerns, changes to production schedule and communication and reinforcement of building regulations, Workplace Health & Safety and our company’s policies.
- Participate in weekly Project Status Meeting with Executive Team to discuss production schedules, quality performance issues, and to increase the overall workflow productivity.
- Review drawings, specifications, and site plans in order to ensure accuracy in compliance with homeowner expectations and the company’s standards, and prepare detailed scope of work for trade partners.
- Create and maintain production costs through review of timesheets, construction invoices, budgets, purchase and change order requests.
- Evaluate reports pertaining to actual cost versus budget, in order to identify and assist in revising cost overruns. If necessary, meet with appropriate parties to track costs to evade overruns.
- Provide assistance in various projects, as necessary and perform additional duties as required.
- Solves problems within level of authority/scope quickly, economically, in a way that preserves relationships, and ensures timelines and quality are maintained.
- Plans, organizes and conducts regular meetings with staff to review manpower, materials, quality, productions and safety.
- Teaches, mentors, and trains staff in technical skills and soft skills required for successful growth.
- Ensures consistent quality control, and adherence to standard operating procedures, conducts regular production inspections with/without Builder. Field inspections of finished homes on random, QA inspections with the CCP Rep. with a view to quality and completeness.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate staff and allocation of resources as required.
What we offer you in return:
- Eligibility to participate in Dunsire’s benefit’s programs including medical, dental, continue professional development and health and wellbeing.